Thursday, January 1, 2009

003. It's a new year! (175)

So, Happy New Year everyone! 2009 is going to be great & different... I can feel it in my bones.

I think one of the most exciting things about the New Year is that a lot of people pick this time of year to start doing a diet and getting into the healthier lifestyle--which means lots of new blogs. So, I think it will be nice to find people who are also just starting and start building relationships and support systems. I am pretty excited.

So, you probably notice that I do not have a Food Log for yesterday or today. I pre-determined that I was going to enjoy New Year's Eve. It's a choice that I went back and forth with, but I decided that I would let myself eat whatever I chose for lunch (my internship is ending and I was already going out to lunch with one of my favorite co-worker's)--but I did have a water, which I normally want to do but never end up doing. I also let myself drink... My reasoning: I'm 22 and most of the time, I spend NYE at home doing nothing. This was actually a situation where I did not have to drive myself home, so I figured I would enjoy it. I am happy about my decision.

But what about today? I could have logged calories today, but I also chose not to because I know I am probably not getting a healthy amount (in terms of a daily amount, not for weekly totals). Because I did have so much to drink and I snacked at the party, I decided I would compensate today with my eating. I am eating, I have had food, but I don't want to put a caloric total on my food.

Anyway, it has almost been a week since I have started my changes and I feel good. The time thing is helping me and I have realized that I do have control over food. It's a nice feeling, especially since I used to feel like food had control over me. And I know I am doing this differently this time because I am drinking a lot of water and it's not even hard! This coming from a girl who has been addicted to Diet Coke the past few months... But with Crystal Light (and even without it), I am consuming water.

I am not quite sure what else to say except for I am feeling motivated to continue these changes. I know it has only been less than a week, but this is a battle every single day. Each day is my weight loss journey, each day is my goal. And knowing that I can do this means I know I can do other things in my life.

Today I kind of just chilled... I am pretty tired and my back hurts, but you know what--before I go to bed, I am making it a point to work out. It'll only be a 10 minute workout to this one DVD, but I do not care. It's something and that's the point! And I'll make changes each and every day.

from my original blog at 3FC.

0 Comments: