Monday, December 29, 2008

Food Log - 12/29/2008

TOTAL CALORIES CONSUMED: 1,520 calories

Well, I am proud of myself today! Even though I did not stick completely to my time-mind eating plan, I did very well! I had some unexpected road bumps at work, where a gumdrop cookies, a yummy smelling quiche & mouth-watering brownies appeared in celebration of a co-worker's birthday. But I resisted, in a sense. The cookie I didn't think twice about, early in the morning. I felt bad as I ate it, knowing that it was not part of the plan. So I readjusted. I was supposed to have a snack at about 10am, but instead, I just waited until lunch time. The next temptation came after lunch... those brownies were calling out to me. I decided that I could have one if I waited until 4pm. So, I did wait and I did have a brownie. It was very good. I think even though it was unexpected, this mind-training thing will pay off because I am doing it in the Real World. I have to learn to resist temptation, but let myself enjoy certain snacks at certain times. I know if I was not serious about what I am doing now, I would have eaten about 3-4 brownies, a fat slice of that quiche, and about five of those cookies--not to mention the candy I would have munched on and the coffee I would have sucked down. I got through today without coffee or soda--which is a feat in and of itself. I can tell that I am serious about it this time and I am glad. I am proud and I look forward to continued success.

  • 8:15am - Delicious Special K Bar (90 cals)
  • 8:55am - Unplanned Cookie Treat in Office (150 cals)
  • 12:00pm - Turkey Sandwich (320 cals), Funyuns (110 cals), Pineapple Fruit Cup (60 cals)
  • 1:00pm - Fruit Snacks from Lunch (80 cals)
  • 4:02pm - Large Brownie (400 cals)
  • 8:00pm - Macaroni & Beef Lean Cuisine (310 cals)

0 Comments: