Wednesday, January 7, 2009

So, I may have an autoimmune disease.

So, today I had a doctor's appointment in reaction to all the health problems that I had been having.

I had a physical, talked to the doctor about my symptoms, and it turns out that it is quite possible that I have lupus, an autoimmune disease. I had considered it at the very beginning of my symptom period, about a few months ago, but it takes blood tests and screenings, etc., etc. to figure out if someone really has it. The cause is unknown, but it can be triggered by a lot of different things. It makes sense, though.

In some ways, I am relieved. I might have a name to put to something that has scared me for the past few months. In other ways, I am still afraid. What does this mean?

But there is Hope. I am going to try to find out as much information as possible. I just put an Amazon order in for a couple of books. One of the books I am really excited about: The Lupus Recovery Diet: A Natural Approach to Autoimmune Disease That Really Works. It sucks that my health may be in jeopardy, but the good news is: taking the steps to be as healthy as possible CANNOT wait. So, I am going to turn my negative into a positive, my lemon into lemonade.

I am going to be okay.

0 Comments: