Saturday, January 10, 2009

Week 2: Weigh-In & Recap

STARTING WEIGHT: 176.7 POUNDS

LAST WEEK'S WEIGHT: 173.3 POUNDS

CURRENT WEIGHT: 169.1 POUNDS
(4.2 POUNDS LOST THIS WEEK!!!)

GOAL WEIGHT: 125 POUNDS
(44.1 POUNDS TO LOSE/7.6 POUNDS LOST SO FAR)

So, this week definitely was a test... I know last week I compared weight loss to the book Holes, basically stating that each day is harder than the next. And this week, I felt it. With the news that I may have an autoimmune disease, I can honestly say that my concentration has been shaken.

That said, I did try to eat less than usual. I am still eating way too many processed foods and not enough vegetables or fruits, but apparently that (and the stress of this situation) contributed to an overwhelming weight loss. When I stepped on the scale and saw 169.1, I was shocked! But it is very nice to be out of the 170's.

If I could define this week by one thing, it's "The Biggest Loser." I basically spent the week watching and crying over episodes from Season 6. I had seen some episodes of the show in past seasons, but I had never really watched it. But I got on iTunes and downloaded all of Season 6 and absolutely loved it. I was inspired by it, as well, even though I did have the tendency to feel like I was living vicariously through the people on the show.

Everyone knows that losing weight is a mental game. It's not about the simple act of consuming less calories and working out. I mean, that's easy. There's more to it--at least for me--and I am trying to figure it out. I have been doing some self-analysis and I think I am getting closer to the answer.

I don't know if I have a lesson or a quote of the week for this week. I am just glad I got through it. I had some rough spots, some emotional breakdowns, and overall, I am just pleasantly surprised by my independence and strength.

0 Comments: